By Alison Church
Remaining active and productive during quarantine has been a challenge for all of us. While many of us want to continue the efficiency and productivity we felt before quarantine, it’s perfectly okay to relax a bit and just binge movies and eat snacks. Below is a list of some simple snack recipes for movie marathons, for studying, or for simply easing your hunger throughout the day.
Vanilla Ice Cream and Matcha Syrup
- Get a bowl of vanilla ice cream (or any other ice cream flavor available)
- Heat up a tablespoon of agave syrup
- Mix a teaspoon of matcha powder into the syrup
- Drizzle Matcha syrup on to the ice cream
Matcha Mochi Cupcakes
- 3 Cups (1 box) Koda Farms Mochiko, sweet rice flour
- 1 Cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons matcha (green tea powder)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- ¾ cup of canola oil
- One 15 oz can of sweet adzuki beans (optional)
- Set the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with paper or foil cups.
- Combine the sweet rice flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha in a bowl
- Whisk together the oil and sugar in a separate bowl, and add the eggs and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to the oil mixture
- Place cupcake papers in the cupcake tin. Fill halfway with the batter. Add a tablespoon of adzuki beans. Spoon in more batter over the beans so it rises to just below the top of the paper.
- Set muffin tin in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready once the tops start to crack.
Rice Cracker Sandwich
- Cut up an avocado and scoop about half of it into a bowl.
- Mash the avocado and add in some paprika, black pepper, red pepper, basil, and garlic powder. These can be any herbs/spices, but these are the ones I recommend most.
- Take either one or two rice crackers and spread the avocado evenly on to the surface
- Thinly slice some cucumbers and add on top of the avocado
- Add 4-5 slices of salmon on top of the cucumbers
- Squeeze on some lemon juice
- Add some sliced dill
Hot Matcha Milk
- 1 cup of 2% or low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Pour the milk in a 2 cup microwavable pitcher. Heat for 1 minute.
- Put the matcha powder in a bowl and pour in some of the warm milk. Stir until ingredients blend together. Set this aside.
- Add the sugar to the milk, stir and heat again in the microwave for another minute. Once heated, pour in some more hot milk into the matcha mixture, stir and add to the milk.
- To froth the milk you can blend it in a blender for 1 minute.
Nori Pasta Wrap
- Boil some shell pasta (any kind that’s small)
- Once boiled and dried, drizzle soy sauce on top
- Add sesame oil and mix
- Sprinkle in some roasted sesame seeds
- Finely slice green onions and add on top
- Cut some nori seaweed sheets in half, and wrap the pasta into the nori