By: TAYLOR FERREIRA
Here are some upcoming holiday events that you won’t want to miss:
1. The Nutcracker: performed by the Benicia Ballet Theatre on December 1st and 2nd at 7 pm at Solano College Theatre
The Nutcracker is an annual performance that Benicia Ballet has been performing for 28 years. With a live orchestra and bright costumes, The Nutcracker is a delight for any age. Tickets are available on Benicia Ballet Theatre’s website.
2. Downtown Holiday Shopping Spree: ends November 30th
For every $10 dollars you spend at a participating merchant, you will receive a ticket for a drawing that will occur during the Holiday Open House. The prize is $500 in Downtown Dollars.
3. Holiday Open House and Christmas Tree Lighting: December 7th from 6 pm – 9 pm
The street will be filled with lights, open shops, live entertainment, horse rides, a visit from Santa, and of course free refreshments. Come and get your free popcorn, cotton candy, apple cider, and of course enjoy the light from our twenty foot tree!
4. Christmas Parade and Holiday Market: First street December 15th from 10 am – 3 pm
The parade starts on First Street and ends on H street. It features dancers, our marching band, and other local performers and participants. The market has delicious treats, food, and handmade items for sale.
5. Benicia High School Fall Play, Romeo and Juliet: November 30th to December 8th
The timeless rendition of the classic tragedy, performed by our fellow students, opens Friday at 7 pm. Tickets are available online now for a discount.