By TAYLOR FERREIRA
- Floccinaucinihilipilification is a noun describing the act of deciding something is worthless–much like the information you are about to read.
- The total weight of all the ants on this earth is equivalent to the total weight of humans. That’s a lot of exoskeletons…
- The accordion is the most popular instrument in North Korea. So much so, that for a time (otherwise known as the nineties) teachers were required to be able to play it as part of their credentials.
- Are Pringles chips? This question has baffled many, and has actually appeared in several court cases. The argument was over whether Pringles could be marketed as chips due to their low percentage of actual potato content. Pringles lost the case and were then considered “potato snacks.” This case shows that when taxes are involved, the elite will argue about anything…
- Sharks can reproduce asexually. Yes, that means through her sheer willpower (and a process called parthenogenesis) the female shark can make a baby when no male sharks are present. However, all the offspring will only contain maternal DNA and will be exact clones of the mother.
- Here’s a strange law… In Utah, marriage between cousins is only illegal if you are under 65 years old. Perhaps this is only to prevent, you know, mutated babies. I guess ethics is no longer a concern.
- Speaking of mutants, bananas are the other mule of the agricultural industry. They are a seedless hybrid forged by the cross-pollination between the in-edible Musa acuminata and the far-too-seedy Musa balbisiana and cannot reproduce without the help of handy humans and cuttings.
- Nicholas Cage and Leonardo DiCaprio once battled over a Mongolian Dinosaur skull in a bidding war. Cage bested him at $276,000 for the world’s most expensive paperweight.
- During the Elizabethan Era, it was common for commoners to blacken their teeth to give the illusion that they could afford sugar. I guess anything was in style if it functioned to elevate their status.
The Japanese word Bushusuru was inspired by our very own President Bush Sr. It means “to do the Bush thing”, and was created after he vomited on the Prime Minister of Japan. It is now used to refer to vomiting in public.