2019 was a year of many ups and downs. From politics, entertainment, and sports there were many events that shaped the year.
- Endgame: Marvels 22nd movie in a span of 11 years was released on May 26th. It directly followed up the previous avengers movie, Avengers Infinity war. This movie was the 2nd to last movie in Phase 3, and the grander Infinity Saga.
- Disney+: Disney released their new streaming service and had 10 million sign ups on the first night. The streaming service has many titles from National Geographic, Marvel, Star Wars along with Disney+ original titles like Mandalorian and The World according to Jeff goldblum.
- Amazon fires: The amazon had over 80,000 fires since the beginning of 2019 to clear land. The fires decreased after September when the president placed a 60-day ban on setting fires for these reasons.
- Super bowl: the new England patriots won their 6th Super Bowl this year. The final score was 13-3 against the Los Angeles Rams.
- Mosque shooting: 51 people died and 49 were injured when a man in New Zealand stormed a mosque with weapons.
- Protests of Hong Kong: Protests have been going on for six months after the government of Hong Kong passed a bill that would allow extraditions to mainland china.
- Jeffery Epstein: Jeffery Epstein was found dead in his jail cell on August 10th. His cause of death was suicide, but many speculated that he was killed to protect a secret ring of child molesters.
- First vaping death: The first vaping death took place in Illinois in August. Another teenager in New York also died due to vaping.
- Area 51 raid: A facebook user in june 27th posted the public event “Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us.” as a joke. This event eventually had over a million sign ups, and became one of the biggest memes of 2019.
- Notre Dame fire: The Notre Dame Cathedral was accidentally set on fire in april. Although the cathedral did suffer heavy structural damage, many of the most valuable parts were spared.
- Jesus is king: Kanye’s 9th studio album ‘Jesus is king’ was released on September 27th. This replaced an album that he said he was going to release ‘Yandhi’, but never did.
- Popeyes chicken sandwich: Popeyes released a chicken sandwich in august, which became one of the most talked about memes. In its original release, popeyes sold out of its 2 month inventory in 2 weeks.
Although these are just some events, and aren’t even the biggest parts of the year. These are some notable events that shape our future.