By Leila Rocha
We Benicia teens are left having to venture out into the Bay Area and beyond to find hangout spots since we do not have many here in town. Therefore, with some research and personal experience I have generated a list of places that you can visit in April, and beyond.
First off I will list the basics, as in the ones that you gotta hit every now and then.
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom-Vallejo
Of course we have all heard of (and probably been there many times) this amusement park. If you go here, you can go on many fun rides, eat, and play games.
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor- Concord
Another amusement park! This one is a water park though. Someday, when the weather gets really hot, you can go there to cool down and have some fun.
- Sunvalley Mall (you can go bowling at Round 1, shop, and eat)- Concord
You have lots of options on what to do if you go to the Sunvalley mall. They have lots of popular clothing stores and more. Of course, they also have bowling, delicious foods, and drinks.
- Dave and Buster’s-Concord
If you are in the mood for two things: playing games and eating, then this is the place for you.
- Westfield Mall- San Francisco and San Jose
These malls are bigger and like any mall, they have lots of stores. It is farther than the Sunvalley mall, but personally I think it is nicer due to the overall environment. Plus, you may get more of an adventure than you would in Concord.
- Giants Game-San Francisco
If you are a baseball fan (or just enjoy the environment), a Giants game would be great. Also, you can just hang out and talk with friends and (hopefully) see the Giants win.
- Great America-Santa Clara
This one is another fun Amusement park that features many Peanuts characters like Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and more!
- A Farmer’s Market-Many places including Larkspur, Concord, Oakland, Walnut Creek, and San Francisco
You can get great food!
- Walking the Golden Gate- San Francisco
You can get some fun exercise and great views. This is a great place to take selfies too. Honestly, there is a lot you can do in the entire city of SF. You do not have to stick to one place.
- Stinson Beach
If you are a beach person, you do not have to go to SoCal to get the experience. You can stay more local and enjoy the ocean too.
Now I will give a brief list of some of the concerts coming up in Oakland and San Francisco from April to May, according to Bands in Town.
- Sabrina Carpenter- The Warfield in San Francisco on April 14 and 15
- Lil Wayne- The Masonic in San Francisco on May 12
- Ella Mai- The Fox Theater in Oakland on May 9
- Ari Lennox- The Fox Theater in Oakland on April 12
Although it is far away, we have to make sure to leave room for Outside Lands in San Francisco and the famous singer Beyoncé who is performing in Santa Clara in August. Also, Bottle Rock at the Napa Valley Expo May 26-May 28.
It may be hard to find entertainment in hangouts here in Benicia, but we still live in the Bay Area. We are within driving distance of so many great hangouts and entertainment venues.